You are here
Remote Pre Hospital Trauma and Disaster Course (RPHTDC)
This is a 2 day course is for personnel who attend pre-hospital incidents. The course provides participants with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to safely and effectively manage trauma or disaster patients in the pre-hospital environment.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the assessment and effective management of a vehicle crash scene
- Demonstrate the assessment and effective management of trapped casualties
- Demonstrate the safe extrication of trapped casualties
- Discuss the importance of and demonstrate working effectively within a team setting
- Discuss how to safely approach a house when attending a call out
- Demonstrate the triage sort and sieve, treatment and transport principles used within mass casualty incidents
Remote Area Nurses, General Practitioners, medical and nursing professionals, retrieval specialists, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioners (ATSIHPs), emergency services, mine rescue and the Australian Defence Force health personnel.
Northern Territory Government staff members: $300.00 [pp incl. GST]
non Northern Territory Government staff: $600.00 [pp incl. GST]
[prices and course availability are subject to change]
REGISTRATIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE: 24th March 2021
*REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - APPLICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW
"Being more knowledgeable if I was to come across an accident now. Having come across an accident recently I feel I would deal with it much better and definitely more safely!!"
"The practical exercise around MVA extrication and safety was a highlight."
"The days were full and informative. Very enjoyable. A great learning environment facilitated by a great team."