You are here
Remote Pre Hospital Trauma & Disaster Course NT0068
This is a 2 day course for personnel who attend pre-hospital incidents. The course provides participants with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to safely and effectively manage trauma or disaster patients in the pre-hospital environment.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the assessment & effective management of a vehicle crash scene
- Demonstrate the assessment & effective management of trapped casualties
- Demonstrate the safe extrication of trapped casualties
- Discuss the importance of & demonstrate working effectively within a team setting
- Discuss how to safely approach a house when attending a call out
- Demonstrate the triage sort & sieve, treatment & transport principles used within mass casualty incidents
Remote Area Nurses, General Practitioners, medical & nursing professionals, retrieval specialists, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioners (ATSIHPs), emergency services, mine rescue and the Australian Defence Force health personnel.
Northern Territory Government staff members: $300.00 [pp incl. GST]
non Northern Territory Government staff: $600.00 [pp incl. GST]
[prices and course availability are subject to change]
REGISTRATIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE: 23 July 2018
*REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - APPLICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW
"All skills stations and scenario were fantastic and easy to understand from the instructors."
"The days were full & informative. Very enjoyable. A great learning environment facilitated by a great team."
"Understanding of how remote trauma care delivery works, what the issues & restrictions are."