You are here
Remote Area Trauma Education (RATE) NT0052
It is aimed at remote health personnel, particularly General Practitioners, Remote Area Nurses (RANs) and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioners (ATSIHPs).
This training is provided in remote health centres, with an emphasis on practical skills, small interactive groups and relevant scenarios.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the initial assessment of the trauma patient in a remote setting.
- Demonstrate the assessment and management of a compromised airway (utilising basic and advanced airway manoeuvres).
- Demonstrate the assessment and management of chest / trauma injuries .
- Demonstrate the assessment and management of spinal injuries & haemorrhage control.
- Describe the requirements for retrieval and transport of the remote trauma patient.
- Trauma Scenario – putting it all together
It consists of lectures, skills stations and practical scenarios.
COURSE COST: Sponsored by the NCCTRC
[prices and course availability are subject to change]
REGISTRATIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE: 15 February 2018