You are here
CANCELLED- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT OF SEVERE TRAUMA (EMST)
A two and a half day accredited intensive course in the management of injury victims in the first 1-2 hours following injury. Adapted from the Advanced Life Support course of the America College of Surgeons in 1988. Emphasis on life saving skills and systematic clinical approach.
After completed the EMST course, a participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate concepts and principles of primary and secondary patient assessment.
- Establish management priorities in a trauma situation.
- Initiate primary and secondary management of unstable patients.
- Demonstrate skills used in intial assessment and management.
This course is suitable for all doctors who are involved in the early treatment of serious injuries in urban and rural areas whether or not sophisticated emergency facilities are available.
- Emergency physicians
- Rural GPs
- Intensivists Medical Officers in the Defence Forces
- Trainees in the above specialities
Please note this course is run by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) and is only open to Doctors. Registrations will only be accepted online on the RACS websitewww.surgeons.org/racs/education--trainees/skills-training/emst
There are places for 4 nurses observers on each course. Nurses can register their interest with the NCCTRC Education Team at least six weeks prior to the course date. See 'Contact Us'.