You are here
Australian Resuscitation Council Advanced Life Support Level 1 Course NT0104
This one day Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) internationally accredited Course, aims to provide the candidate with the skills and knowledge to effectively manage a patient in the immediate crisis, to prevent cardiopulmonary arrest and to participate as part of a resuscitation team, utilising the latest ARC guidelines.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- Managing patients in the immediate periods of crisis to prevent deterioration and cardiopulmonary arrest
- Common causes and strategies for the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest and the ABCDE approach
- Initial resuscitation and defibrillation, including simple airway management
- Managing patients in cardiopulmonary arrest until arrival of the resuscitation team or expert help, utilising the ARC ALS algorithm
- Participating as an effective member of a resuscitation team
PRE-REQUISITE: Current Basic Life Support competent
The certificate is valid for 4 years but it is recommended to complete an annual ALS refresher to maintain competency.
SUITABLE PARTICIPANTS: Health Professionals currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and who have limited or infrequent exposure to crisis event needing advanced life support training and are not required to lead a resuscitation team.
Northern Territory Government staff members: $190.00 [pp incl. GST]
non Northern Territory Government staff: $300.00 [pp incl. GST]
[prices and course availability are subject to change]
REGISTRATIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE: 09 September 2019
*REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - APPLICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW